Wednesday, January 31, 2024

SAY SOMETHING



What can I do

What can I say

To make you sway

To make you stew


Enough to make a call

Advocate for morality

Champion humanity

A measure so small


If we all turn a blind eye

Looked the other way

Not a word we say

Letting the time fly


Maybe the atrocities will go away

Maybe another story will consume

Sweep our emotions like a broom

Escape from our mind in a day


There are so many atrocities

You say to me

Too many for me to see

Who am I to influence policies


Neutrality helps the oppressor

Never the victim

Silence is a symptom 

Silence assists the tormentor


Do something say something

Speak to your friend

Speak to no end

It starts by communicating


-Fadi Zanayed

November 3, 2023

6:32 am 

No comments:

Post a Comment