Friday, December 9, 2011

The Awakening




The night air is still
I was sound asleep until
A dream awakened me to the realization
That my spirit is still under occupation

The clock ticks the seconds away
A never-ending tick-tock-tick everyday
Is time really on our side?
Or is it a convenient place for us to hide

A day goes by then a week
My spirit grows ever so weak
I am thousands of miles away
I have not returned not even for a day

Twenty years is a long time
Being away from Palestine is a crime
I joyfully sentence myself to the cause
To do everything I can within the laws

However, I look around me and I see
Other people happy-go-lucky and free
They seem so generic so bland
Why should they be concerned about my homeland?

I will go through the trouble and toil
To inform them about the oppression on my soil
Once they are informed they will take action
For the American people have plenty of compassion

Once they learn Israel gets billions
They will write their Congressmen by the millions
So I will take up the cause and donate to the cause
                                I will do it without pause


(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment