Friday, December 9, 2011

DREAMING OF A UNIFIER


If I dream, I desire that which I dream of
If I do not dream, I must be satisfied
But, I do dream
Therefore, I am not satisfied

I dream of one who unites
There must not be a unifier
Because if there was a unifier
I would not be dreaming of one that unites

If the unifier of which I dream of is a leader
Then there must not be any leader
But there are leaders amongst us
Then it stands to reason that
None of these leaders must be the unifier

So who is a unifier
Is he or she born yet
Is he of my generation
Is she a child of the information age

Maybe there is a leader
Who is also a unifier
But we do not recognize him
Maybe he has not exposed himself to us
Is there such a leader amongst us

The answer to these questions
I must say I do not know
For if I knew then I would not be dreaming
But I am dreaming
And thus, since I am dreaming
And I am not satisfied
And no current leader is a unifier
Then it stands to reason
When a unifier appears she will be a leader
I will then be satisfied
And I will no longer dream

                        Fadi Zanayed
                        August 2, 2008

(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment