Friday, December 9, 2011

Due Diligence



What is all the commotion?
Why is there so much confusion?
Please tell me, I was on vacation

While you were baking in the sun
The enemy fought us in battle and won
Now it is over, now it is done

But I was only gone one week
For some fishing on a favorite creek
My absence cannot be the reason we were so weak

Not only your absence, but also of others
Palestine was deserted by her sons and daughters
The blame must rest with the mothers

Desertion is too harsh a description
I cannot understand your tone of condemnation
All I took was a one-week vacation

Due diligence is what is needed
For us to be liberated
Your absence has driven us back to where we started

I now understand, Palestinians cannot rest
Regaining our homeland is a long hard quest
Buy why on the mother’s shoulders must the blame rest

Palestinian mothers bear a heavy responsibility
They must instill in their children absolute loyalty
To there country and nationality


(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment