Friday, December 9, 2011

I SHALL FIGHT


I shall fight until Palestine is free
Kill me but my poetry lives
My son carries my pen
My grandson carries my rock

Take my freedom but my soul lives
Destroy my olive grove
My heart roams the serene hills
My spirit endures in the roots

Take away my shelter
Destroy my home
My land still belongs to me
My soil cannot be removed

Take away my will to live
Destroy my spirit
My conscience remains strong
My endurance is perpetual

Take away any hope of peace
Destroy the two state solution
My numbers cannot be silenced
My heirs will fight apartheid

Take me away from this earth
Destroy my name
My heirs will continue to fight
My name will continue to resonate

I shall fight until Palestine is free
Kill me but my poetry lives
My daughter carries my pen
My granddaughter carries my rock

                                Fadi Zanayed
                                October 10, 2011
                                12:37 pm

(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment