Friday, December 9, 2011

What We Fight For


Call you not a king
I fight not to be ruled
But to rule as a people

Call you not President for life
I fight for democracy
Not to be unbelievably ignorant

Call you not a theocracy
I fight for everyone’s freedom
Not to have beliefs imposed upon me

Call you not an administrator of torture
I fight for the respect of human rights
Not to have scars for my thoughts

Call you not a Marxist state
I fight for freedom to live
Not to have a spy watch my every move

Call you not an Authority
I fight for our own destiny
Not to be a subservient colonial state

Call you an Independent Democratic State
I fight to be free
Not to be afraid of you




(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment