Friday, December 9, 2011

Drowned With Torture




A smelly cloth bag covers my head
Wreaking with urine it controls my air

The pain overwhelms my wrists
Handcuffed to a chair not fit for a child of two

My eyes cry out for sleep
Awakened before my chin hits my chest

My testicles are indifferent
Shocked by the electric prongs each hour

My scars no longer scream for comfort
Bewildered by the severity of my endurance

My mind no longer thinks
Drowned with torture and pressure to confess

My spirit is indestructible
Revitalized by thoughts of my identity

My will is full of determination
Unwilling to sign a confession

(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment