Friday, December 9, 2011

To You I Ask


                To you O’fedayeeh
                I ask you to be fight for my rights
                Fight for my right to be at peace
To you O’song writer
I ask that you write me a song
Sing about my longing to be home
                To you O’lawyer
                I ask that you defend my rights
                Prosecute the injustice inflicted upon me
To you O’doctor
I ask that you heal my wounds
Nurture my heartache and my soul
                To you O’political activist
                I ask you to continue to speak out
                Protest my incarceration for my thoughts
To you O’businessman
I ask that you continue to donate
Give money to those who promote my cause
                To you O’poet
                I ask that you continue your prose
                Declaring with rhythmic words my desire for peace
To you O’parents
I ask that you teach your children
Educate them about my culture
                To you O’grandparents
                I ask that you to be guardians of our heritage
                Retell stories of playing on my serene and beautiful hills
To you O’children
I ask you to pledge yourselves to me
Learn to educate others about my history
                To you O’leader
                I ask you to govern with justice     
                Transfer orderly the power of my government  


(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment