Friday, December 9, 2011

A Journey To See Where I Was To Be


I was just below the cloud 
The sound of thunder was ever so loud 
My wings were spread I was actually flying 
My speed was way past soaring

A white dove was leading my way 
We will be there in less than a day
I was excited yet not joyfully 
I embarked on my mission painfully

The dove wanted me to see 
Where I was to be 
But through her intervention 
I was routed in a different direction

She told me she was my greatest option 
Yet not my only solution 
She urged me not to employ the other 
For it would lead to the death of me and my brother

Nearing the end of our trip 
I was perplexed about what came from her lip 
When she said, I cannot go any further 
Don't tell anyone not even a murmur

Buy why I stopped and questioned 
Waiting a while before I was answered 
finally she said, I cannot bear to see what you will see 
For a black hawk is what I will be 

And I replied, What about the other solution 
How can I see and still choose you as my option 
She answered, You will need the threat of the other solution 
To maintain me as your option 

She then gave me directions and off I went 
To the place I was to be sent 
It was not hard to find 
For it has been forever a picture inside my mind 

I went in for the approach 
Not knowing upon what I will encroach 
I was greeted with great hospitality 
Overwhelmed at the degree of their generosity 

I saw their misery, I saw their pain 
What do they do about the rain 
Suddenly it rained from above 
And I knew it was a signal from the dove 

I asked for water to drink 
It had to be fetched for there was no sink 
When they eat and dine 
They always finish the meal with a discussion on Palestine 

I wondered as I looked to the sky 
Why can't God hear the cry 
For the return to our country 
And the restoration of our dignity 

Near the end of another sleepless night 
I awoke to a faint light 
It was still dark in the camp 
For there is no street lamp 

I walked through and through 
Not knowing what to do 
About the guilt within me 
And about the horror that I see 

Then I wondered what if I were here 
And another was there 
What would I want him to do 
As he is living his life through 

And suddenly my image appeared 
It was a scene I feared 
I looked around for the others 
What was the fate of my parents and brothers 

I saw my mother sitting all alone 
Where was my father was he gone 
I walked through the door 
Where was my older brother was he at war 

I knelt to the ground and wept 
Hitting the dirt with a big welt 
I cried out with a loud voice 
There is only one option one choice 

And there I was flying again 
Was this part of the dove's plan 
My flight soon approached the sea 
As the dove reappeared in front of me 

She was silent most of the way 
Not wondering about what I had to say 
My wings were stretched ever so wide 
Like the wings of a black hawk from side to side 

She looked back and said with a smile 
Ahead of us is many a mile 
You still have either option 
Buy only one solution




(  © Copyright, Fadi Zanayed.  Publication or distribution of this material is allowed provided its content is not altered and the source and its author are cited.)







No comments:

Post a Comment